Welcome to my very first tutorial.
I am loving making paper flowers to add to my cards, at the moment, and this is one of my favourites.
This is just how to make the basic flower, but they look even more lovely when you add you own style by inking, glittering or what ever you like to go with you card.
Cut 4 large flower shapes, and 4 small flower shapes using a die cutter or punch etc. Place the larger petal shapes in one stack, then place the smaller petal shapes in a separate pile.
2. Take the pile of large flower shapes and cut between each ‘petal’ (don’t cut completely to the centre). Repeat the procedure with the smaller flower shapes.
3. Take your sponge mat, and your ‘embossing tool’
4. Place one of the larger flower cut outs on the sponge mat, and with your embossing tool, work in a small circular movement on ‘one’ of the petals. Miss the next petal, then repeat until you have gone all the way round.
5. Turn your flower shape over and repeat with the un-embossed petals. Repeat steps 4 and 5 with all the larger flower shapes
Repeat steps 4 and 5 with all the smaller flower shapes, (you may need a smaller ‘embossing tool’ for this)
7. Take the embossed larger flower shapes and pile them on top of each other. Gluing each layer with a spot of PVA glue in the centre of each flower.
8. Continue the same process, (on top of the larger flowers), with the smaller flowers shapes.
9. Now that the flower is all glued together, place a tool in the centre, and fluff up the flower until you are happy with it.
10. Finished flower…
Hope you enjoyed my first tutorial. I would love to see some of your flower creations