Hiya Crafty Friend,
Did you miss us last week? As you are probably aware, the Crafty Bloggers Network challenge has now gone fortnightly, so now you have more time to work on your wonderful projects.
So, without much further ado, this fortnights! challenge…
The theme is…
I knew I wanted to make an owl for this project, so set a little challenge for myself. To use the least amount of tools I could and I managed to just us two…yes…only two! Which where the Xcut Scallop circle nesting dies and the xcut scalloped circle 5/8 nesting punch
1. The brown scallop circle was cut with the 3rd smallest die and the white scallop circle was cut with the smallest die.
2. Cut a circle using the 2nd smallest die, then place the smallest die on top, as shown in the picture.
3. Cut two small circles using the 5/8 punch, then place the circle back in the punch (this can be quite fiddly) and use the ‘oval’ shapes as shown in the picture. Keep the crescent shapes for later
4. Cut two white circles with the 5/8 punch
5. Use the crescent shapes, saved from step 3.
6. Cut a small triangle of orange card for the beak (I know he looks a bit angry at the moment, but I promise he won’t in the end…lol )
7. Cut a circle using the 3rd smallest die and us the 2nd smallest dies twice on it, as shown below (keep the centre ‘waste’ for later)
8. Using the waste from step 7 and cut the bottom off and place it under the bottom of the white scallop.
9. Cut two circles from orange card, using the 5/8 punch and cut as in step 3. Place the ‘oval’ shape over the crescent, as shown.
I finished off by adding a bit of white above the eyes and on the ears too, and coloured two clear gems with a black permanent marker for pupils in the eyes.
Glamor dust was also used on the whites of the ear an above the eyes.
And here he is, my Mr Woo
This is Misty saying hello too
Looking forward to seeing all your entries